A covering energy simulating procedure is an efficient tool in achieving the energy efficiency and emission control targets in building and reconstruction projects.
An extensive energy simulating procedure that combines the know-how of several fields of engineering expertise is a profitable investment. The energy simulating helps to find the optimum life cycle solutions at an early stage of project planning.
Finnmap Consulting benefits the expertise of structural design, architecture and building technology and uses the most developed simulating programmes and real output values as basic assumptions.
FMC Energy simulating
Benefits achieved through energy simulating service are:
• More precise budgeting of energy costs
• Life cycle costs
• Environmental impact
• CO2 emissions, carbon footprint calculations
• Target energy consumption
• Energy efficiency properties of a building
• Energy saving options
• Avoiding inefficient solutions
• Assessment of the return on investment
• Comparing design alternatives
Comparison of air conditioning options, comparison of window sizes, structures and the effect of solar screens, comparison of different constructions.
Energy simulating procedures are needed in different life cycle assessment systems (LEED®, etc.).